Hart ISD Community,
As most of you know, Hart ISD is closed through April 3, 2020. Our staff will report in shifts beginning Monday, March 23 to begin preparing an alternative instructional method for students. We will have information about distribution of these materials and this process later this week. We have a plan in place and should have it up and running on March 30.
There is currently one case of COVID-19 in Castro County. Please remember to take precautions to prevent the spread of this illness. At the current time, to limit contact with people, we will not be providing meal service. If you are needing support or help in feeding your children, please contact the school for assistance. We realize this presents significant difficulties to many of our families. However, we are hopeful that these measures will better ensure the long-term health and safety of the children, staff, and community.
Just a reminder that Hart ISD asks the community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of this illness:
· Don’t shake hands
· Wash your hands regularly
· Limit movement within the community and maintain 3 to 6 ft of distance between people.
· Avoid congregating around the community,
· If you have traveled to areas where there are known COVID-19 cases, please self-quarantine and monitor your symptoms.
· If you suspect you have symptoms of this disease, call your health care provider for medical advice.
· Stay at home, if you feel ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
· Do not leave your home if you are ill, except to gain medical attention.
As you know, this situation changes quickly. We will continue to monitor information, assess conditions throughout the next week, and will provide updates via our website and Facebook. We are doing all we can to continue supporting our students and their families.
We appreciate your support and cooperation during this difficult time.
Superintendent, Hart ISD